Friday, April 3, 2009

Feels like Dough !?!

The babies have recently taken a liking to my bare stomach- and the great sound effects and jiggles it makes. They like to lift my shirt and let it all hang out. Thanks guys!! But to add to that- I was laying on the floor the other day- the boys were admiring my shape, and Tyler joins in- and quite matter of factly states- "Your stomach feels like dough" - he is 5- brutal honesty right there. THANKS TYLER!! So Jessie has to come check it out also- she concures. Believe me I am quick to point out that each of them has added to that doughy feeling!
Recently I have started to excercise with great friends- and the only time available to do that is 6 in the A! OUCH!!! I have one pair of pants that fit- my tummy is definately doughy- and has given new meaning to the term "hangover" for me! Some women have said that they never had to worry about weight while their kids were young because they were chasing them all the time- alright- am I lazy? or what is going on here?
I must say that I am going to hold true to my argument that having 2 babies in your tummy at one time can do some serious damage to one's body- but I will also own the fact that I love to eat, and I eat to survive. I eat candy, sweets, etc throughout the day to keep me going. HMMM?? Kill myself to get up at 5:30 to go exercise, then come home to eat a bag of candy, or pan of treats all by myself in order to make it until bedtime. What is the end result? A belly that feels like dough! What a vicious cycle!!

9 comments:

Holly Hugh said...

2 babies Linda what more of an excuse do you need??? sad to tell you though the dough doesnt's go away!!!

Andrea said...

Linda, you don't look it. But if you find an answer, please, let us know!

Tyann said...

I miss your fun personality, Linda! Sameeta and I were just talking the other day how you always got us out of our houses, and we miss that!!!

Mindy said...

Hey friend, I am right there with you. At least know that you are not alone. I fold my belly over and tuck it into my pants every day.
I am so glad you exercise with me, BTW. :)

Lucas Family said...

My tummy feels like dough too :P I blame it on my metabolism...I guess it could be the candy too.

Anonymous said...

Linda, you are funny. I'm sad I missed your birthday and facebook had to be the one to remind me. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! a little late... :)

barrettandaudrey said...

Kids say the craziest things. You always look great. I miss ya!

Sheredith and Matt said...

Hahaha! I laughed so hard when I read this! My kids pinch mine and laugh :(

Kiersten said...

lol..kids are too honest huh? I haven't seen you in quite a long time, but last time I saw you you looked great:) Don't be too hard on yourself!