Thursday, October 16, 2008

PARTY!!! Things I learned- I hope!





So, Jessie wanted a birthday party. I thought that taking a bunch of kids to the family fun center would be too much for my budget (right- I need to set up a budget first.). Turns out- after thinking I needed a bunch of stuff (which I didn't)- we would have been able to pay for that- and not even had to worry about the preparation, set -up, entertaining, wild and crazy kids, and clean up. Jessie wanted a Halloween party, and it was fun. We had the kids see if they could figure out what parts of our friend had fallen out after his car crash (EWWW!), we played musical chairs, pin the nose on the witch, spun a cobweb of story telling, and had a CRAZY treasure hunt through the house. It was LOUD!! but fun for everyone. Jessie was so good at saying thank you to everyone and especially to me- thanks J. I am glad you had fun (and I am so glad that we didn't end up painting pumpkins).

4 comments:

Laurel said...

How fun! You were always good at the party thing. So creative.

Tyann said...

So FUN!!! Looks like a fun group. Parties are so fun, but I agree. The clean up and prep is a lot of work! You gave me some good ideas for our Halloween party! Thanks!

Ashlee said...

You are such a fun MOM! Looks like it was a lot of fun. Jessie is so cute. Tell her Happy Birthday!

Melissa O said...

Sounds like a blast...and lots of work! You continue to amaze me with all the stuff you're able to do.