Thursday, February 5, 2009

They are only 1 !?!













Our latest adventures with the boys include their love of making/creating disasters. They love to find a bookshelf and destroy. Pulling books off as high as their arms reach, throwing them, then standing on them to be able to reach a little higher, and then even rolling around in the mess. Great fun!!
They have also decided that sitting to eat is not their style. It doesn't matter how tight the belt is- they can wriggle out. Then stand, twist, turn, lunge- whatever. They love to sit in their food- or better yet they like to throw all their food on the floor. For a while hotdogs were the "go to food" the never fail- but even that is seeing it's fair share of floor time. Any ideas? Survival of the fittest- we'll see who wins!



8 comments:

Tyann said...

It's amazing how insane kids can be! How do you keep up with them? They really are adorable. As far as ideas, I've had to belt my kids into their car seats to get them to eat. That only happened a couple times, but it worked. Those seatbelts seem to hold the kids in a little better. Good luck, and stay happy. Before you know it we'll be grandparents...

Andrea said...

I find that the car is just a fun place to eat. When I put Tayia in her seat she automatically reaches down the crack to find a snack. Not to mention the glee in her smile knowing she got away with something!

Laurel said...

Landry's in the same phase right now, but times two?!? She doesn't wriggle out, but everything hits the floor. I feel for you.

Sheredith and Matt said...

LOL! Those pictures are so stinkin cute Linda!!! You look like you definately have your hands full with those two! ;) Are you done having kids???!

Anonymous said...

Linda- I am loving your blog. I don't know why I haven't ever looked before. I think you are so great and your family is beautiful!! You are such a sweet mom! Sorry I didn't make it again this morning!

Kiersten said...

LOL..oh man, you have your hands full, but they are SO cute how can you ever be mad? Someday you will miss these days. Seriously, they are cuties and I love the pic of sitting on top of the booster:)

loriallen said...

Oh WOW! Boys times 2! Some women say that's how they lost their baby weight was chasing their kids around! Yeah, right! It just stresses me out to the point that I need a bag of Hershey Kisses with Almonds at the end of the day to give me that Zen feeling so that I might be able to go another day!!!!

Bec said...

Ugh. I remember when James went through that. His food of choice was bananas... he always loved them; they were his staple nutrition. Then he all of the sudden would chuck them onto the floor- Oh, the blasphemy! He still throws food on the floor, though it is less often now (hm... well, that or I'm less annoyed by it and have befriended my broom). Either way, he does love bananas again. So in at least some way, he got through that stage.

Good luck. PS- They're CUTE little troublemakers! :)