Sunday, September 27, 2009

Who's Napping?... NOBODY.... and First Day of School!







(This is my 2nd attempt at this post- FYI- I hate computers!!) Well, the boys have done it. Last Thursday they learned to climb out of their cribs. I.... am at a loss for words actually. They are not napping, and that is.... Horrible for all of us. I have locked them in their room for a fair amount of time- they NEED to nap! One day I did find Andrew asleep under his crib, and another day Zach fell asleep on the mattresses we took out of their crib. That was after he had assaulted Andrew- when I went in to get him he had bite marks on his face, hands, arms, legs, etc. Poor guy. We are seriously considering investing in some crib tents. My sanity is worth 200$- isn't it?

And... here are some pics from the first day of school. Jessie started 3rd grade this year. Her teacher is Mrs. Cox. She went to a new school, and didn't have any friends in her class, it was nerve racking (and enough tears to make your eyes swell a bit)- but... she has done very well. We decided to have her try to ride the bus the first day instead of me take her and it worked well. Within a few days of school her teacher called to tell me what an amazing girl she is. She said Jessie is responsible, and has integrity, and that we should be proud. WE ARE!!! She also chose Jessie to represent their class in the youth 2000 group. (I'm thinking it is similar to a student council type group). Jessie agreed! She has come a long way!!!

Tyler is in 1st grade this year. His teacher is Mrs. Miller. The first bit was Rough! Tyler is active, and sitting still for a whole day... not fun! But... he is getting more used to it. He enjoys recess (playing b-ball) and is making new friends. His handwriting is improving- even though he hates writing in his journal each day. And he has had school lunch a couple of times (pizza- of course). Oh yes, and his reading is coming right along. I miss the kids, but we are trying to get into a routine. Although the moment they get home- the infamous ???? "Can we play?" Is usually the first thing out of their mouth- Who doesn't love to play?

5 comments:

Valerie said...

I love to hear your adventures with the twins. It is twice the fun!! Sounds like Jessie and Tyler are doing well. We miss you!

Tyann said...

It's so sad when they start getting big enough to get out of cribs and not take naps. I can't believe your boys are so big!!
So glad to hear Jessie and Tyler are enjoying school. Kindergarten to first grade was a hard shift for Rachel too. I had to just make sure she got enough play time so she didn't feel like all she did was school.
And, I hear ya on the "can we play?" question. It drives me CRAZY!!!!! Tell your kids hi, we miss you!

Andrea said...

I don't know much about crib tents, but you can totally send them over here for an hour, and get yourself a nap, or whatever you need!

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Naps are such a must have. I would invest in the tent thingy's. Difinitely worth it!! Or try napping them in seperate rooms they can't escape from. Good luck. If you need a couple hours of sleep, bring them over here one morning!

Hey... we have the same background. We must both be great minds!

Melissa O said...

Gosh, reading about all of these firsts makes me miss you all so much. Love you guys!