Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas is upon us.....


Our favorite time of year!!! (I often times have songs go through my head when I write titles- are any of you like this- or do you clue in to my songs???) I love this time of year- the holidays. Tyler was saying the other day that he wished it was Christmas- I told him that if it was then we would miss some of the best parts of Christmas- the lights, decor, tree, shopping, treats, etc. So now he is constantly asking me to get out the decor. So... I pose a few ???- how do I make more of Thanksgiving- make it more meaningful? And then... I love to hear what people are getting their kids- I'll be honest and say that one of my downfalls is in trying so hard to have/get everything perfect that I lose perspective of what really matters. But.... I still like to get ideas from others- so... what are you doing for your children/parents/etc?


I must end this by also stating that I do know the gifts are not the true meaning of Christmas and every year I want to try really hard to shift the focus to why we really celebrate Christmas (which I was so sad to hear that Tyler didn't know/or remember)- so... if you have/do things that help you with this- let me know.

3 comments:

SheriDawn said...

Hi! just to answer your question. Tracen is 21 pounds and he can have 1/4 tsp of benedryl. They can have it after 6 months. btw, I'm lost on Christmas too!

Tyann said...

I need your phone number so we can talk! Christmas is so special, and it seems like Thanksgiving is always skipped over! We're focusing on being thankful in our family home evenings. As far as Christmas, as a family tradition that my family always did, we read the Christmas story from the Bible (in Luke). I've heard of families that actually dress up, and act out the birth of Christ, and I've been thinking we might do that this year. As far as presents, who knows. The only thing I have so far is scrapbook calendars for the Grandparents, and then a 12x12 scrapbook for them to put the pages in when the year is over.

loriallen said...

Am I one of those that you love and try so hard to get the perfect thing for? If so I would like to see you. Yep, that's it. Now you must perform. I hope to see you soon, out here, in Ohio. Just call me with the iteneary. Giving parents scrapbooks of your year and pics out here.