Thursday, July 23, 2009

Chicken Pox???











Nope!!! Last week my sister and her daughter came to visit. The kids definately take after me and Love having family around- thanks for coming guys!! But... the last night they stayed, the kids decided to sleep on the trampoline ( which I must add that cousins have quite the influence or my kids are just growing up- I was shocked that Jessie would be willing to sleep out there without an adult- ). I thought a few times that I should spray them with bug repellent, but... let the thought go. OOPS!!! The next morning they each came in covered with tiny red dots- like someone had taken a marker to them. Tyler's face, ears, arms were covered. The next day they were swollen almost like mosquito bites. I have no idea what it was, but we did get some cream from the dr to help. It did get them out of church- we decided other parents might be a little upset- at least until they heard the story. It is a week later and the bites are fading nicely. When asked if they will sleep outside again.... what do you think they said.... YES!

* Jessie is going to be thrilled that I posted this picture of her- I am starting every once in a while to see signs of caring what others think-- it's too bad.


5 comments:

Bec said...

You've posted a TON since I checked last! Way to go! (And boo on me for being such a slacker friend; sorry.) Your kids are darling. And a bit crazy. Outside after all that? They've gotta be nuts! :)

Valerie said...

It was fun to read your blog!! Looks like your kids have over come your fear of snakes. I agree with you though...I don't like snakes! Don't they have snake bait or something you could put out to get rid of them.

Looks like you are having a fun summer. The boys are getting big. Such cute kids you have.

Tyann said...

These pictures are crazy! It DOES look like chicken pox, poor kids. (It IS sad when they start getting self-conscious, isn't it?) Jessie and Tyler are both so adorable. I love Jessie's hair, it is very similar to Rachel's hair right now. When do your kids start school again? We start on Thursday, and are very excited.
By the way, I'm so sorry about the snakes! We aren't quite there yet, but the more I think about owning a home the more I realize how much goes with it. Glad to see you are doing well, and maybe someday we will see each other again! :)

loriallen said...

Ummm....Those are some serious bug bites!!!! I am surprised that the bugs left anything at all of them!!! My kids get some pretty mysterious bited around these parts? It's like bug mania!! We have had about 3-4 hornets inside our house everyday! Once 10-15 got in! It's crazy!!!

Melissa O said...

Ouch!!!